Charles Hyde (b. 1740 London, England, d. abt 1810), was a native of England, and settled in North Carolina after serving through the Revolutionary War. He was married twice. By his first marriage with Nancy [Unknown], he had the following children:
1. Ansel Hyde, born 1770, died 1844. buried in Perry County, Indiana. Ansel’s first wife, Hannah Barclay, died in childbirth with Hiram, [Dan G. Hyde’s 3rd g-grandfather]. Ansel remarried Mary Miller, daughter of Henry and Phebe Miller, and had 12 children! Ansel settled in Breckinridge Co., Ky., then moved to Indiana territory in 1808 on the Ohio River 5 miles below Rome. Later he moved to Ky. back of Cloverport, and 1815 moved to what is now Spencer Co. Ind.
Ansel’s son Hiram married Rachel Totten Irvin in 1815, Roane County, Tenn., and had 17 children! 3 died as infants, 1 on the way to Missouri in 1844.
2. Ezekial Hyde, born 1780, died 1842 in Chicot County, Arkansas. Ezekial married Mary Morris in Christian County, Ky. in 1800. They had 7 known children. He owned land in Arkansas and across the Mississippi River in Washington County, Miss.
3. Joseph Hyde, born abt. 1775, died unknown. Joseph settled in Tennessee.
We are searching for answers to the following questions:
1. What was Charles’s wife Nancy’s maiden name? How many kids?
2. When did Charles come to America? What other family members came over as well?
3. Who were Charles’s parents?
If you are of this line, please leave a reply.