Some free online databases useful to Hyde family researchers. At present the concentration is primarily for medieval research, and later information will be included as it becomes available.
- Records of London’s Livery Companies Online – indentures and apprenticeships
- England’s Immigrants 1330-1550 – foreigners living and working in England
- Medieval Soldiers – includes several databases including Muster roll database for the years 1369 – 1453.
- Medieval War Records – more of same
- Inquisitions Post Mortem – people, places and properties in medieval English Inquisitions Post Mortem (IPMs) from c. 1236 to 1509
- People of Medieval Scotland – People in medieval Scottish records
- Harleian Publications Online – Visitations, Allegations, Etc.
- O’Quin Law Library at the University of Houston Law Center, Legal Documents from the National Archives at Kew – scans of Pipe Rolls, Chancery Court Proceedings, State Papers, Etc., with occasional missing portions and thumbs.
- The William and Mary Quarterly – rundown of College of William and Mary Quarterly journal of historical papers available online.